Introducing this revolutionary treatment for a variety of common conditions including plantar fasciitis and tendonitis, shockwave therapy is considered the NEW gold standard for many soft tissue conditions. Shockwave works by sending high energy acoustic waves into an injured tissue causing accelerated tissue repair including cellular growth, pain reduction, and increased mobility. This process allows shockwave to treat acute, sub-acute, and chronic conditions. Treatments typically last 5 minutes per area that is treated. In that time, around 2000 pulses are delivered to the target tissue. Most treatments require 3-5 visits to see moderate to excellent results.
Common conditions treated by shockwave therapy:
- Heel spurs, plantar fasciitis, and Achilles tendonitis
- Lateral/medial epicondylitis (tennis and golfers elbow)
- Calcific tendonitis of the shoulder
- Patellar tendonitis (jumpers knee)
- IT band syndrome (common in runners)
- Chronic pain related to the neck and low back
If suffering from any of the above conditions, Shockwave Therapy may work wonders for you. During your initial visit our team will evaluate your specific condition to determine whether this treatment is right for you!
Offered exclusively at Great Lakes Chiropractic (Windsor location). Direct billing available to most major insurance plans.